Do u txt? According to this infographic from OnlineSchools.com, 8 trillion of these little messages flew back and forth between cellphone users in 2011. That amounts to 15 million messages per minute. But as a relatively new form of day-to-day communication, text messaging has also introduced a new way of communicating in the form of shorthand language. While these new "words" are certainly convenient – and even innovative – not everyone sees them as a good thing. Educators, in particular, report reading more "textese" in students' work, and less proper grammar. On the other hand, some studies have also correlated texting with good grades in school. So what do you think? Will text messaging doom proper English grammar, or is this new form of shorthand just a convenient, harmless way to communicate?
The Ultimate Guide to Cybersecurity Compliance
Cybersecurity Compliance: How can my Organization Execute in Line With the Parameters Outlined in Cybersecurity Frameworks and Legislation?
- 1 | Cybersecurity
- 2 | Identity Management and Security: An Advanced Guide
- 3 | What Enterprise Needs to Know About Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- 4 | What does ‘layered security’ really mean?
- 5 | Simple Ways to Improve IoT Security
- 6 | The Beginner’s Guide to NIST Penetration Testing
- 7 | Straight From the Experts: How to Limit Cybersecurity Risks with Workplace IoT Devices
- 8 | How to Build Network Architecture That Facilitates Better IT Security
Cybersecurity Challenges: What Obstacles Complicate Cybersecurity in Today’s Workplace?
- 1 | Encryption Just Isn’t Enough: Critical Truths About Data Security
- 2 | 3 Defenses Against Cyberattack That No Longer Work
- 3 | INFOGRAPHIC: The New Face of 21st Century Cyberwarfare
- 4 | Border Gateway Protocol: The Biggest Network Vulnerability Of All?
- 5 | Machine Learning Vs. Cybercrime: 4 Ways ML is Fighting Back
- 6 | A Zero Trust Model is Better Than a VPN. Here’s Why.
Cybersecurity Hazards: What are Today's Biggest Cyberthreats?
- 1 | Business Email Compromise
- 2 | Reverse Brute-Force Attack
- 3 | Ransomware
- 4 | Code Injection
- 5 | SQL Injection
- 6 | The Growing Cybersecurity War on the Healthcare Industry
- 7 | How Should Businesses Respond to a Ransomware Attack?
- 8 | Top 5 Cyber Threats from 2020
- 9 | The Best Way to Combat Ransomware Attacks in 2021
- 10 | Massive Data Breaches: The Truth You Might Not Know About
- 11 | Food, Farms and Cyber Security: Agriculture Faces a Growing Problem
- 12 | A Look at the OWASP Top 10 Project: Protecting Your Web Apps
- Cybersecurity Careers: Who is Responsible for Creating and Enforcing Cybersecurity Controls?
- Cybersecurity Reporting: How can an Organization Measure the Success of its Cybersecurity Efforts?
- Cybersecurity Mandates: What are the Major Features of the Regulatory Environment Surrounding Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity Prospects: What is the Future of Cybersecurity?
- 1 | 5 Cybersecurity Predictions For 2022
- 2 | Perimeter Security Isn’t Dead: 4 New Solutions to Consider
- 3 | 10 Ways Virtualization Can Improve Security
- 4 | IoT Security Challenges: Why Enterprise Must Assess Them Now
- 5 | Making Networks More Secure in the Age of Cybersecurity
- 6 | 6 Cybersecurity Advancements We Owe to COVID-19
- 7 | Cybersecurity and Infrastructure: Current Trends and Future Developments
- Cybersecurity Cost: How Much Budget Should be Devoted to Cybersecurity?
Most Popular Term