How can mobile apps help business?
The question of how businesses and enterprises utilize mobile applications is a broad one, but the answer involves several fundamental categories of mobile applications. Businesses use mobile apps in key ways in order to reach their goals and objectives.
One major category of business mobile applications involves social media, the Web and outreach. With these types of mobile apps, the business advertises itself through the Internet or in social media platforms like Facebook. Some of these apps integrate customer feedback, but the vast majority of them are centered toward getting a message out or improving brand visibility online and through a user’s access device, for example, a tablet or smartphone.
Another category of business mobile apps are used for business intelligence. These apps can capture and analyze data in order to help the business understand its strengths and weaknesses. For example, businesses will sift through data for from business intelligence mobile apps to look at where their products are selling, to identify particular challenges, or to otherwise build smarter campaigns.
Another category of business mobile applications is useful in communications. This includes customer relationship management tools like Salesforce, or other designs intended to help businesses get information about their customers.
In addition, other mobile apps can help businesses with logistics and supply chain processes. Some of these apps make it easier to source materials and services from vendors and suppliers. Other mobile apps help with payroll and inventory. All of these types of logistics apps have specific roles in how a business handles its internal processes.
More Q&As from our experts
- What does the mobile network state mean?
- With more big data solutions moving to the cloud, how will that impact network performance and security?
- What is the difference between cloud computing and web hosting?
- Business Intelligence
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Dashboard
- Cloud Computing
- Applications On Tap
- Enterprise Application
- Mobile Middleware
- Windows Driver Model
- Oracle Database
- Online Transaction Processing
Tech moves fast! Stay ahead of the curve with Techopedia!
Join nearly 200,000 subscribers who receive actionable tech insights from Techopedia.
- Data Governance Is Everyone's Business
- Key Applications for AI in the Supply Chain
- Service Mesh for Mere Mortals - Free 100+ page eBook
- Do You Need a Head of Remote?
- Web Data Collection in 2022 - Everything you need to know
- How to Protect Microsoft 365 from NOBELIUM Hackers
- 5 Steps to Streamline Security for your Hybrid Network