Techopedia - The IT Education Site
At Techopedia™, we aim to provide insight and inspiration to IT professionals, technology decision-makers and anyone else who is proud to be called a "geek". From defining complex tech jargon in our dictionary, to exploring the latest trend in our articles or providing in-depth coverage of a topic in our tutorials, our goal is to help you better understand technology - and, we hope, make better decisions as a result.
Techopedia™ is a family affair. It was started by the father-and-son team of Dale and Cory Janssen.
Dale Janssen - Co-founder Janalta Interactive Inc.
Dale started and developed one of the first Gold Novell Authorized companies in Canada and branched out in technical training. This training company expanded across Canada and was eventually sold to Executrain of Canada, which in turn was absorbed by CDI College in Canada. During this time Dale sat on several Novell and Microsoft Advisory Boards and watched the advent of Certification Training on the Internet. He purchased and developed one of the largest certification websites on the Internet, Cramsession.com and eventually sold it to BrainBuzz of Tampa, Florida. Since that time, he has started, developed, managed and flipped several popular web properties.
Cory Janssen - Co-founder Janalta Interactive Inc.
There are lots of tech sites out there. Lots of good tech sites, in fact - sites that we admire and read regularly. But it seems like we're increasingly only getting the stories that make headlines. Yes, it's important to know the release date of the next Apple product, but do we really need a dozen blogs speculating on every tiny detail? Just because there is more information coming at us every day doesn't mean we are getting more important information. We feel there is room for a site that isn't trying to break news, but is a resource for thoughtful pieces that provide actionable advice. And we feel there is a place for site that aims to educate IT pros about the technologies affecting the marketplace.
We seek out experts from a wide variety of IT-related backgrounds. Some are bloggers or professional journalists, but many are programmers, network admins, consultants, CIOs and other IT professionals who are actually working in the trenches. In fact, we think it's their experience that helps them produce high-quality content. If you think you have what it takes, become a contributor.
Uh, well, we'll be here. If it sounds like we might be of further interest to your IT education, follow us on one of the social networks. Better yet, follow us on all the social networks!
Techopedia is part of the Janalta Interactive network of sites, which focuses on creating highly insightful and actionable content within niche industry verticals:
- Corrosionpedia - Corrosion terms, articles, definitions and education
- Divestopedia - The preeminent site for private company owners and entrepreneurs looking to sell their business
- Fertilitysmarts - Get smart about your fertility
- Insuranceopedia - Understanding insurance made easy
- Justipedia - A legal encyclopedia for you and me
- Petropedia - Energy Industry terms, articles, definitions and education
- Safeopedia - The Educational Resource for Safety Professionals
- Trenchlesspedia - Trenchless solutions through education
- Winefrog - For Wine Lovers
- Workplacetesting - An online resource for employment testing and employee wellness
- Yogapedia - Bridging the gap between pop culture and traditional yoga