In the content creation industry, the quality of content is paramount. Search engine performance is mainly influenced by the caliber and uniqueness of your content. In this digital age, artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML)-based search engine optimization (SEO) tools are ruling the content creation process; and it’s thanks to these tools that we can create top-notch content at a much faster rate than ever before.
In this article, we explore some of the most popular AI SEO tools, comparing their features and pricing models. By the end, you should have a pretty good idea of which tools are best suited to your business (Also Read: The Ultimate Guide to Applying AI in Business).
The Best AI SEO Software Tools
Let’s take a look at each of these individually to find out which one is most beneficial for you and your business.
Surfer SEO is one of the best AI-based SEO tools in the industry. The intelligent content platform has a complete suite of tools covering research, planning, writing, editing and optimization. The platform offers easy-to-use features with low entry-level pricing.
- Content planning – The content planner will help you gather and consolidate important search terms quickly. These category-based terms act as keywords in an article to improve its ranking and optimization. The planner will help you create the best content strategy.
- Content suggestions – Surfer’s AI-based tools suggest tips to help you to find the best-ranking topics and keywords.
- Generate a content outline – Using this tool, you can create AI optimized content with proper headers and relevant paragraphs. Then, the content can be customized to meet your goals, saving lots of time and effort.
- AI-enabled editor – Surfer has an AI-powered text editor. It will help you to analyze the importance of each and every word and give you precise suggestions to improve the content, thus improving search engine ranking and organic traffic.
- SEO audit tool – The SEO audit tool is very useful. It gives a detailed audit result of your website. The result will give you information about the page loading speed, keyword density, broken backlinks, meta-tag structure, content length and so on.
- Third party integration – Surfer provides support for third-party tool integration. You can easily integrate with the Google Suite, WordPress, Jasper AI and more.
- Grow Flow – Grow Flow is a free tool offered by Surfer SEO to help new and small pages grow. It gives you customized suggestions to improve your website search engine ranking, such as improvements for content, links, keywords and more. You have to connect Surfer SEO with a Google search console account.
Surfer SEO offers the following pricing models:
- Free – You can access Grow Flow to get content suggestions.
- Paid – Starts from $49/month and includes all features.
Jasper, formerly known as Jarvis, is one of the most popular tools to automate content creation. It helps you to create unique and original content ten times faster than manual writing, streamlining the entire content workflow.
- AI-powered content writer – The AI sidekick will help you to generate high-quality content.
- 10X faster – Jasper will help you to create content ten times faster and scale up quickly.
- Language support – It can read and write in 26 languages, including English, Spanish, Japanese and Portuguese.
- Team collaboration – Jasper helps teams work together across the globe. Team members can collaborate on content in real-time.
- Jasper Chat – AI-enabled chat helps you brainstorm and generate content.
- Jasper Chrome extension – Use Jasper support on any Chrome page or Google Suite tool.
- Surfer SEO integration – Use Jasper and Surfer SEO together and take a course to learn how to write content five times faster.
Jasper does not offer any free plans. It has the following pricing options:
- Starter – Starts with $40/month
- Boss mode – Starts with $82/month
- Business – Starts with $499/month
Frase is another AI-based content platform for creating well-researched, optimized content. This AI SEO platform is powered by ML and natural language processing (NLP). It produces high-ranking content with a sophisticated AI writing assistant tool that focuses more on writing than editing. Frase’s intelligent text editor and document editor will help you to create completely optimized content without leaving the app interface.
- AI content editor – The text editor uses AI to evaluate each and every word and compare it against top-rated competitor content. Once the process is complete, it gives you the most optimized recommendations to improve your content.
- SERP analysis – The search engine results page (SERP) analysis will help you to monitor the performance of your content on search engines.
- Outline builder – It helps you to compose an outline based on various data points, auto-suggestions and searched questions.
- Custom templates – You can create your own templates to reuse later.
- Multi-language support – The Frase content platform supports languages like French, German, Dutch, Italian, English, Portuguese, Spanish and Danish.
- Third party integrations – Frase supports integration with Google Search Console, Google Docs and WordPress plugins.
Frase offers the following plans:
- 5-day trial – $1 only. You can cancel it anytime.
- Solo – Starts with $14.99/month
- Basic – Starts with $44.99/month
- Team – Starts with $114.99/month
- Pro Add-On – Start with $35/month (Offers unlimited AI-Generated words with other premium features)
Outranking is one of the best AI-powered SEO tools for content optimization. It is an all-in-one platform which will help you make content outlines, improve workflow, add SEO strategies and optimize content and boost overall SERP rankings.
Outranking offers easy-to-use features, like on-page SEO tips, integration tools, tracking tools and AI-powered content. You can use it to produce content for multiple platforms and site types, such as blog posts, notices, press releases, menus and webinars. Its intelligent AI engine produces high ROI output.
- Create SEO content outlines – You can create SEO content outlines with the help of AI, SERP research and entity analysis.
- Content planning and strategy – Outranking helps you to create ROI-driven keyword and content strategies with the help of advanced clustering algorithms and AI.
- Content execution – You can produce content through AI-powered research output.
- Content optimization – You can create SEO content with more semantic keywords, higher rankings and correct search intent.
- Content SEO score – It offers 40+ on-page SEO factors to outrank the competition.
- Tracking – This tool will help you to track the ranking of your content. It also gives you optimization briefs and new content opportunities.
- Integrations – Outranking supports integration with Google Docs, Google search console and various WordPress plug-ins.
Outranking offers monthly and annual plans:
- Solo – Starts with $79/month
- Pro – Starts with $149/month
- Company – Starts with $219/month
- Solo – Starts with $790/year
- Pro – Starts with $1490/year
- Company – Starts with $2190/year
MarketMuse is another AI SEO platform which will guide you through researching, analyzing, planning, creating and publishing your content. The tool helps you to assess content and locate issues that may be holding it back. It creates an outline to help you to cover the topics completely and the in-built, AI-enabled assistant identifies the best keywords automatically. MarketMuse is also one of the most expensive AI SEO tools on the market.
- Content planning – MarketMuse helps you to create a content plan in minutes with page level, site level and SERP insights.
- Content cluster analysis – Content cluster analysis helps you to identify where you can improve your content by analyzing and comparing it to competitor clusters.
- Competitive content analysis – This tool helps you to analyze competitor content and identify the gaps. You can leverage these gaps to improve search results.
- Keyword research – The keyword research tool helps you to identify important keywords and rank better.
- Content briefing & optimization – This AI tool will help you to make blueprints of your content and optimize it.
MarketMuse offers the following pricing model:
- Free – $0 for very limited features
- Standard – $6,000/year
- Premium – $12,000+/year
Writesonic is another AI writer for creating SEO and plagiarism-free content for your product description, blog, emails, LinkedIn posts and many more. This AI writer tool can be used by anyone, including blog writers, marketing teams, entrepreneurs, freelance writers, and e-commerce stores. Writesonic can generate content ten times faster than humans, ensuring you get published on time.
- AI article writer – The AI writer is very powerful and can generate 1500+ words of SEO content at a time.
- Paraphrasing tool – This tool will help you rewrite your content to make it 100% unique and completely plagiarism-free.
- Sentence expander – The AI sentence expander tool is capable of creating better sentences quickly.
- Text summarizer tool – This tool is very helpful for generating summaries of your content.
- AI product description generator – This is helpful for creating compelling product descriptions.
- Facebook & Google ad generator – Create your ad copy quickly for better responses and conversions.
- Surfer integration – Surfer SEO can integrate with Writesonic.
- Blog idea generator – This tool will help you to create unique article ideas in seconds.
Writesonic offers the following plans:
- Free Trial – $0/month (6,250 words and 1 user)
- Long-form – $12.67/month (47,500 words and 1 user)
- Custom Plan – Custom plans include everything in the Long-form plan plus additional features. You need to contact the sales team to get price details.
AI SEO tools are still evolving, however, these tools stand as the current leaders of AI-based SEO content creation. They offer unique features that can help grow your business and improve site traffic, while also bolstering the quality of your content.
While some of the plans are pricier than others or offer different features, we’re sure you’ll be able to find the SEO tool that’s right for you and your content style. As many of these brands offer free trials, it wouldn’t be remiss to try out a few of them (Also Read: Local SEO: Why Does it Matter for My Business?).