Microsoft Exchange Server (MXS)
Definition - What does Microsoft Exchange Server (MXS) mean?
Microsoft Exchange Server (MXS) is a collaborative enterprise server application designed by Microsoft to run on Windows Servers. MXS supports:
- Contacts and tasks
- Web-based and mobile information access
- Data storage
Techopedia explains Microsoft Exchange Server (MXS)
In the 1990s, email evolved into a business-critical application, leading to the development of user-friendly enterprise solutions with improved features and connectivity. The most current version, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, allows a user to deliver email, contacts and calendar to a PC, mobile device or browser.
MXS features include:
- Outlook Web App: Helps users access voicemail, email, SMS texts, instant messaging (IM) and more via standard browsers
- Exchange ActiveSync: Allows mobile users to access a universal inbox with voicemail, email, IM and smartphone messages
- Retention, Discovery and Email Archiving: Help reduce expenditures and simplify the maintenance of business communication processes
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Features a unified solution for disaster recovery and backup by offering an automatic, quick, database-level recovery from server, database and network failures.
- Deployment Flexibility: Can be deployed in the cloud, on premise or both
- Sensitive Content Monitoring: Can be used to track sensitive email content and prevent illegal content distribution
- Voicemail: Provides users with single inbox access to email and voicemail, both of which can be managed from a single platform
- Advanced Protection: Employs several integrated encryption and anti-spam technologies and sophisticated anti-virus solutions.
- Always-On: Facilitates quicker failover times and multiple volume support, as well as a monitoring system that enables automated failure recovery
- Exchange Administration Center: Allows administrators to delegate server permissions and access based on job function without granting total access to the management interface
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: