Network Management System (NMS)
Definition - What does Network Management System (NMS) mean?
The key benefit to NMS is that it permits users to monitor or manage their entire business operations using a central computer.
Techopedia explains Network Management System (NMS)
- Network device discovery
- Network device monitoring
- Network performance analysis
- Network device management
- Intelligent notifications, or customizable alerts
- Saves money: Only one system admin is required at a single location to monitor and manage the entire network, which cuts hiring expenditures.
- Saves time: Each IT provider gets direct access to any data when required. All team members can simply enter or retrieve data using their own workstations. At the same time, their access may be controlled by the network manager.
- Increases productivity: Helps manage every aspect of the office network, which includes software, hardware and other peripherals. The NMS identifies an issue as soon as it occurs it to ensure that there is no productivity slowdown or data loss.