Hybrid Online Analytical Processing (HOLAP)
Techopedia Explains Hybrid Online Analytical Processing (HOLAP)Because hybrid OLAPs enable the use of various combinations of the two OLAPs, they basically store data in both a relational database and a multidimensional database. As a result, the decision to access one of the two databases depends solely on which is best suited for the desired processing type or application. This provides much more flexibility when handling data. For heavy data processing, the data is stored in a relational database, while for theoretical processing, the data is stored in a multidimensional database.
This approach is beneficial in the following situations:
- If there are volumes of data that cannot be handled by one multidimensional database.
- If there are instances of performance bottlenecks whenever data is being accessed from a server.
- If there is a need to use existing summarized and arranged data sources.
- The Analytical Engine: A Look Back at Babbage's Timeless Designs
- Data Analytics: Experts to Follow on Twitter
- Living on the Edge: The 5 Key Benefits of Edge Analytics
- How to Future-Proof Your Job Through Career Change
- Online Learning: 5 Helpful Big Data Courses
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains