Principle of Least Privilege (POLP)
Techopedia explains Principle of Least Privilege (POLP)POLP helps maintain computer security. The user or component starts off with no privileges and is only given those considered necessary. While this seems like common sense, in reality the practice is difficult to achieve because more security systems assign rights based on membership in groups rather than as individuals. Steps for implementing POLP include: Map job functions privileges Avoid assigning privileges directly to a guest or the public Untangle the web of user entitlements Monitor privileges
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- The 7 Basic Principles of IT Security
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity
- The Differences Between the Top 3 Cryptocurrencies
- Hacking Cryptocurrencies
- An Introduction to Blockchain Technology