Techopedia Explains Desktop ManagementDesktop management caters to end users' demands in terms of mobility and flexibility when accessing their desktops, applications and other data across multiple devices and platforms.
Several DM tools and applications have already been released by various developers and cloud service providers. Although the applications are varied, all of them serve the same end purpose and may have the following primary functions:
- Fault Management: Manages troubleshooting, error logging and data recovery.
- Configuration Management: Handles the hardware and software compatibilities of the system.
- Performance management: Monitors the performance of each and every application that runs in your desktop.
- Security management for security issues.
There are other functions that serve as features for specific business type users, such as the business impact functions or business systems management.
- Why Cloud Computing Could Mean Major Economic Growth
- Project Management, Cloud Computing Style
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company