IT Service Management (ITSM)
Definition - What does IT Service Management (ITSM) mean?
IT service management (ITSM) is the process of aligning enterprise IT services with business and a primary focus on the delivery of best services to end user.
IT service management deals with how IT resources and business practices in together, are delivered in such a way that the end-user experience the most desired result from the accessed IT resource, application, business process or an entire solution stack.
Techopedia explains IT Service Management (ITSM)
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is one such comprehensive suite of best practices, procedures, standards and an authoritative framework for ITSM which helps organization and individuals to govern IT services in a structured format and ensure meeting service standards both within the organization or across third party service providers.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- National Institute Of Standards And Technology (NIST)
- Change Management
- Application Service Provider (ASP)
- Business Service Management (BSM)
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Service Delivery Platform (SDP)
- Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: