Techopedia Explains TeraflopIn practical use, a teraflop valuation would be generated by calculations that take the peak processing power of a single processor and the clock speed of each processor to estimate total peak computing power for a device. While the gigaflop remains the standard in measuring computing power, tech experts have begun talking about a teraflop in new technologies currently in development, including Intel’s Knight’s Corner machine - planned for 2013. Currently, the teraflop is not achievable with today’s consumer devices, and experts refer to teraflop-able devices, which use multi-core technology to generate these extremely high processing speeds, as "breaking the barrier" of the race toward much faster devices.
Trillion Floating Point
- 3 Amazing Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Action
- Will Computers Be Able to Imitate the Human Brain?
- What is Data-Centric AI and Why Do We Need It?
- How to Protect Critical Infrastructure From Cyber Attack
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attacks Explained: Are You at Risk?
- 7 Steps to Developing a Hardware Refresh Strategy