Techopedia Explains TeraflopIn practical use, a teraflop valuation would be generated by calculations that take the peak processing power of a single processor and the clock speed of each processor to estimate total peak computing power for a device. While the gigaflop remains the standard in measuring computing power, tech experts have begun talking about a teraflop in new technologies currently in development, including Intel’s Knight’s Corner machine - planned for 2013. Currently, the teraflop is not achievable with today’s consumer devices, and experts refer to teraflop-able devices, which use multi-core technology to generate these extremely high processing speeds, as "breaking the barrier" of the race toward much faster devices.
Trillion Floating Point
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company
- Will Bitcoin Survive? 5 Factors From Each Side of the Debate
- 12 Top Women in Tech Right Now