Techopedia Explains TeraflopIn practical use, a teraflop valuation would be generated by calculations that take the peak processing power of a single processor and the clock speed of each processor to estimate total peak computing power for a device. While the gigaflop remains the standard in measuring computing power, tech experts have begun talking about a teraflop in new technologies currently in development, including Intel’s Knight’s Corner machine - planned for 2013. Currently, the teraflop is not achievable with today’s consumer devices, and experts refer to teraflop-able devices, which use multi-core technology to generate these extremely high processing speeds, as "breaking the barrier" of the race toward much faster devices.
Trillion Floating Point
- The Top Ways to Use AI in Education
- QUIZ: How Well Are You Managing the Apps in Your SaaS Environment?
- What Hyperautomation Can Achieve
- Best Artificial Intelligence Learning Resources Online in 2021
- 10 Ways Virtualization Can Improve Security
- How to Maintain HIPPA Compliance on a Budget