Data Interchange Standards Association (DISA)
Definition - What does Data Interchange Standards Association (DISA) mean?
The Data Interchange Standards Association (DISA) is a standards foundation that expands electronic commerce and trade within business-to-business (B2B) data exchanges. DISA also provides technical and administrative support to the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC). Overall, DISA assists businesses and individuals with the following:
- Improving business processes
- Cost reduction
- Increasing business productivity
- Enhancing business opportunities
DISA operates out of Falls Church, Virginia.
Techopedia explains Data Interchange Standards Association (DISA)
DISA supports and enhances e-commerce industry standards and supports various levels of service. One of the primary areas in which DISA assists online companies is through specification development. Not only does DISA manage these, it helps businesses to publish their specifications while offering technical guidance. The other area in which it supports the e-commerce field is organizational administration. Here DISA can maintain and support websites and databases and offer other administrative functions such as accounting and financing, marketing, membership recruitment, meeting arrangements, business communications, and other corporate and general administrative tasks.
Electronic data interchange (EDI) is used within the DISA framework through the ASC. EDI occurs when data is exchanged from computer to computer without any human intervention. ASC, along with DISA, helps set B2B e-commerce standards, which are updated and changed by consensus, rather than by a single company or decision-maker.
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Electronic Commerce (E-Commerce)
- Accredited Standards Committee X12 (ASC X12)
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Enterprise Feedback Management (EFM)
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Business Services Provider (BSP)
- Business Process
- Electronic Business (E-Business)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Commerce XML (cXML)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: