Virtual Storage Area Network (VSAN)
Techopedia Explains Virtual Storage Area Network (VSAN)A virtual storage area network is primarily implemented in cloud computing and virtualization environments. A VSAN allows end users and organizations to provision a logical storage area network on top of the physical SAN through storage virtualization. The virtualized SAN can be used to build a virtual storage pool for multiple services; however, it is generally provisioned to be integrated with virtual machines and virtual servers.
A VSAN provides similar services and features as a typical SAN, but because it is virtualized, it allows for the addition and relocation of subscribers without having to change the network's physical layout. It also provides flexible storage capacity that can be increased or decreased over time.
- 5 Best Practices for Server Virtualization
- Why Cloud Computing Could Mean Major Economic Growth
- How to Optimize Your Enterprise Storage Solution
- Your Car, Your Computer: ECUs and the Controller Area Network
- LAN WAN PAN MAN: Staying Connected While Working Remotely
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment