Green Data Center
Definition - What does Green Data Center mean?
A green data center is an enterprise class computing facility that is entirely built, managed and operated on green computing principles. It provides the same features and capabilities of a typical data center but uses less energy and space, and its design and operation are environmentally friendly.
Techopedia explains Green Data Center
- Built from the ground up in an environment friendly facility
- Consume minimal power resources for operation and maintenance - both for the primary computing infrastructure and supporting electronic resources, such as cooling, backup and lighting
- Typically operate with green or renewable energy, such as solar, wind or hydel power
- Entire infrastructure is installed with the lowest power and carbon footprint
- Minimal e-waste with recyclable or reusable equipment
The Top 3 Challenges for Implementing Public Cloud
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: