Federal Risk and Authorization Program (FedRAMP)
Techopedia Explains Federal Risk and Authorization Program (FedRAMP)
The overall goal of the FedRamp program is to avoid redundancy in assessing cloud services for government use. Resources from the U.S. General Services Administration show that goals of the program involve accelerating the adoption of new technologies, achieving security benchmarks and providing more assurance of quality security in these types of services. The program is also intended to help agencies improve automation and continuous data monitoring. As part of the program, cloud service providers furnishing services to government agencies must use third party assessment organizations (3PAOs) to verify compliance with FedRamp.
- Beyond Governance and Compliance: Why IT Security Risk Is What Matters
- Digital Data: Why What's Being Collected Matters
- Straight From the Experts: How to Limit Cybersecurity Risks with Workplace IoT Devices
- How Can Technology Help Companies Stay Compliant During COVID-19?
- The 7 Basic Principles of IT Security
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment