Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
Definition - What does Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society (HIMSS) mean?
The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is a nonprofit organization that works to optimize the use of technologies in a healthcare setting. Its stated goals are related to improving both safety and quality of healthcare delivery, as well as access and cost management.
Techopedia explains Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
In North America, the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society has over 61,000 members and 640 corporate members, and partners with over 400 nonprofit organizations. The group holds conferences and maintains various initiatives to look at issues like medical records management, technology in diagnostics, record-keeping and other pivotal aspects of modern healthcare.
Many of the goals of HIMSS involve looking at key elements of the modern healthcare system that utilizes technology in complex ways, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the HITECH Act and meaningful use, a new ICD-10 diagnostic coding system, and more. HIMSS also works in a greater context, as just one of many regulators looking at America's hospitals and healthcare provider settings.
- Health Information Technology For Economic And Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act)
- Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT)
- Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISSP)
- Health Informatics (HI)
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Patient Relationship Management
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: