Techopedia Explains CrapwareSome discussions of crapware revolve around large anti-virus or security programs added by original equipment manufacturers by default. Other kinds of crapware include games and promotional apps, as well as other kinds of programs that have very limited use. Some of these programs are set to run on boot-up and throw pop-ups onto the screen.
Cleaning up crapware involves uninstalling programs and removing any "scraps" off of the computer drive. Programs like CCleaner and PC Decrapifier can help. Challenges in erasing crapware involve potential problems with a registry, and completely untangling elements of these useless software programs from whatever else is on a PC drive. Some tech companies have tried to offer crapware removal services for a fee, but these have generally been unpopular.
- PowerLocker: How Hackers Can Hold Your Files for Ransom
- Behavioral Economics: How Apple Dominates In The Big Data Age
- The 5 Risks of Sharing your Password
- Predictive Maintenance: Ensuring Business Continuity with AI
- SoLoMo Marketing in 2022: Unraveling the Future of Search
- Mobile Computing: 12 Trends to Watch in 2023