Techopedia explains Drive-By DownloadDrive-by downloads from websites and email can usually be stopped by antivirus software, but other types of drive-by downloads are trickier to remove. For example, if an individual loans his or her computer or device to a friend who then downloads unwanted applications, this qualifies as a drive-by download. Sometimes a user will install a program that he or she wants, only to find that a host of unwanted programs have been installed along with it. Drive-by downloads are annoying, but they can quickly become infuriating it there is no obvious way to uninstall them.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- The Most Devastating Computer Viruses
- Malicious Software: Worms, Trojans and Bots, Oh My!
- Common Methods Hackers Are Using To Crack Your Cellular Phone
- The Top 6 Qualities to Look for in a Browser Isolation Solution
- The 7 Basic Principles of IT Security
- The Best Paying Jobs in Tech for Women