Definition - What does Off-Page Optimization mean?
Off-page optimization is a search engine optimization (SEO) process that involves all processes external to the website that can affect its search engine reach and results. It is a series of different processes that are directly or indirectly performed on external websites with the intent to optimize it for search engines.
Techopedia explains Off-Page Optimization
Off-page optimization primarily involves creating or building links on third-party or external websites. Typically, off page optimization includes:
- Creating links on third-party websites that link back to the optimized website
- Placing keywords/website name/webpage in anchor text of links created
- Building links on authoritative websites (that are established and recognized globally)
- Building links on related websites
- Creating links on social media networks
- Submitting the website to search engines and Web directories
Living on the Edge: The 5 Key Benefits of Edge Analytics
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: