What Does Off-Page Optimization Mean?
Off-page optimization is a search engine optimization (SEO) process that involves all processes external to the website that can affect its search engine reach and results. It is a series of different processes that are directly or indirectly performed on external websites with the intent to optimize it for search engines.
Techopedia Explains Off-Page Optimization
Off-page optimization primarily involves creating or building links on third-party or external websites. Typically, off page optimization includes:
- Creating links on third-party websites that link back to the optimized website
- Placing keywords/website name/webpage in anchor text of links created
- Building links on authoritative websites (that are established and recognized globally)
- Building links on related websites
- Creating links on social media networks
- Submitting the website to search engines and Web directories