Techopedia explains Google BombIn one of the more famous Google bombs, then-president George W. Bush’s official White House bio page was linked by pages all around the Web using the anchor text “miserable failure.” Consequently, entering “miserable failure” into Google returned the president’s bio page as the top result. Other famous Google bombs include the Church of Scientology’s official site as the top result for “dangerous cult” and Tony Blair’s online bio as the top result for “liar.” In 2007, Google announced that it had made changes to reduce the effectiveness of Google bombing.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- 3 SEO Tactics That Google Loves
- The Caffeinated Panda: Understanding Google Search Updates
- Google+ Ripples a Fun, Free Toy for Analytics Geeks
- Reboot: How to Adapt to a New Tech Environment
- INFOGRAPHIC: Top 12 Dead Google Projects
- Mobile OS Wars: Samsung Introduces Tizen