Definition - What does Application Portfolio mean?
Application portfolio refers to an organization’s collection of software applications and software-based services, which it uses to attain its goals or objectives. Managing these resources is often referred to as application portfolio management (APM).
Techopedia explains Application Portfolio
An enterprise's application portfolio may be a significant determinant of its profitability. The enterprise personnel’s level of familiarity and expertise with the applications as well as the creation of new technologies (or the obsolescence of present ones) can all contribute to or detract from an enterprise’s bottom line.
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise Software Architecture
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
- Application Portfolio Management (APM)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: