Definition - What does Location Awareness mean?
Techopedia explains Location Awareness
The location of a device is often identified using one of the three methods:
- Global positioning system (GPS) satellite tracking
- Tower triangulation
- Media access control (MAC) address of a device in a Wi-Fi network
- Navigation: Navigation as well as reckoning are main worries for aviators, seafarers and professional drivers. The job is to dynamically identify the present location and also the distance, direction and time to the destination.
- Surveying: It's the static complement to navigation. It is vital for delineating land ownership and also for civil engineers and architects who design construction projects.
- Memory cards of cameras, which automate the location tagging of a picture
- Applications or software programs on smartphones
- GPS systems used in vehicles
- Healthcare device management
- Supply chain management (SCM)
- Warehouse and routing