Techopedia explains Toner CartridgeAlthough the toner cartridge seems like a straightforward and simple part of a printer, the design of new laser printers and toner cartridges has created a lot of conflict and controversy over the sale and use of these replaceable cartridges. At the core of the issue is whether consumers and business users can buy aftermarket cartridges that are much cheaper than OEM models or refill cartridges for a more sustainable and long-term use. There is a conflict between the printer makers, some of whom charge so much for cartridges that printers become single-use devices. This can lead to excessive waste and cost for customers.
Issues surrounding the controversy around toner cartridges include warranties for laser printers, the prices of various cartridge models and compatibility with printer models. Industry experts are looking at the long-term sustainability of these basic materials for modern document printing.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- The Carbon Footprint of a Web Search: Who's Green?
- From Mind to Matter: Is There Anything a 3-D Printer Can't Do?
- INFOGRAPHIC: Is Printer Ink the Most Expensive Liquid in the World?
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity
- The Differences Between the Top 3 Cryptocurrencies