Techopedia Explains Automated TestingTesting is a very important phase in the development process. It ensures that all the bugs are ironed out and that the product, software or hardware, is functioning as expected or as close to the target performance as possible. Even so, some tasks are too laborious to be done manually even though they are easy enough to do. This is where automated testing comes in.
The key advantages to automated testing include:
- Saves time and money by making testing more efficient
- Improves testing accuracy compared to testing directed by humans
- Increases test coverage because multiple testing tools can be deployed at once allowing for parallel testing of different test scenarios
- Helps developers by finding bugs and errors more quickly
- Agile Software Development 101
- Patching the Future: New Challenges in Software Patching
- Why Do We Need User Acceptance Testing (UAT)?
- Slow Dancing With Technology: Debugging, the Programmer and the Machine
- 10 Signs You're Computer Illiterate
- Top 10 IT Pain Points and How to Solve Them