Techopedia Explains Pandora
Pandora Media was created in 2004 and went through an initial public offering in 2011. It is considered a dominant force in Internet radio.
Pandora's model offers a choice between a free and a paid service. With the free service, Pandora injects ads into the streaming content at random intervals, which may or may not be skippable by the user. Users are also limited to a certain number of song skips in any given time frame. A paid model does away with some of these limitations, offering a more personal listening experience.
- Web Roundup: Privacy, Internet Speeds and Room for Innovation in the Digital Music Industry
- Technology and Music: From Records to Digital Recordings
- Native App or Mobile Web App?
- Why You Should Ditch Your Project Management Tool for a Work OS
- The Best Practices for Managing Cloud Applications
- The Role of Knowledge Graphs in Artificial Intelligence