Definition - What does Subscribe mean?
In addition, many websites, product and services companies, etc., allow customers to subscribe to their newsletters, product/service-related blogs, press releases, etc. In order to subscribe, the customer has to add his/her email address to the company's mailing list. This means that the customer is subscribed to anything sent to that mailing list.
Techopedia explains Subscribe
Software as a Service (SaaS) providers also offer a subscription-based model, which includes two types:
- Monthly subscription model: In this model, the customers pay on a monthly basis, often through credit cards or automated e-payments. In general, customers are allowed to cancel the subscription any time, with no penalty or fee. Although unusual, a few monthly subscription companies do provide quarterly and annual subscriptions.
- Term subscription model: In this model, the customers subscribe to the services for a mutually agreed time period. The subscription agreement might or might not incorporate terms for cancellation during the agreement period. Term subscription models feature flexible payment terms, which may include monthly, quarterly, yearly or a mutually agreed customized payment terms.
- Membership subscription website: Paid members can subscribe to a library of data on a certain topic of interest or a group of topics.
- Magazine subscription website: Paid members can subscribe to a digital magazine or a related print or issue of the magazine.
- Application subscription website: Paid members can subscribe to gain access to specific online software programs or applications that let them input data, search a proprietary database, access results, etc.
- Blog subscription website: A mostly free subscription model where readers can access publisher as well as user-generated content, which is updated consistently and frequently.
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: