Techopedia Explains TautologyIn some cases, tautology can be applied to certain types of computer science or programming principles. For instance, a computer design can be built to review "tautology checking." Code modules are written to test whether all of the criteria for tautology are present, in order to determine whether an object constitutes a tautology.
The use of tautology and tautology checking is an example of the intersection between computer programming and higher mathematics. Because computer programming is built on a rigid syntax in order to communicate with the hard logic of a machine's language, programmers and engineers often discuss concepts in terms of higher mathematical principles and equations. Using conventions like tautology shows how the algorithms of today's technologies are reminiscent of the complex equations that mathematicians have always done cognitively in the human brain.
- An Intro to Logic Trees and Structured Programming
- Computer Programming for the People?
- New Visual Basic: New Name, New Features
- The Pioneers of Computer Programming
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?