Techopedia Explains Infected FileThere are many different kinds of viruses, and they can infect a file in different ways. Some viruses are built to derail and take over the actual function of a file, such as an executable file. Others simply reside within a file. Some viruses, called parasitic viruses, often attach code to different parts of a file, but remain inactive or otherwise invisible to a basic search or inspection of the file.
Other kinds of infections involve deceptive duplication of files and other unusual code alterations. Anti-virus scanners and programs must be constantly updated to catch the many different kinds of viral file infections that are regularly created by hackers. Although infected files can often be contained and repaired or deleted, some are hard to contain, since internal code acts quickly and can have a devastating effect on an operating system.
- The Most Devastating Computer Viruses
- The Top Ways to Use AI in Education
- QUIZ: How Well Are You Managing the Apps in Your SaaS Environment?
- What Hyperautomation Can Achieve
- Best Artificial Intelligence Learning Resources Online in 2021
- 10 Ways Virtualization Can Improve Security