Techopedia Explains Multi-Tier ApplicationA multi-tier application is used to divide an enterprise application into two or more components that may be separately developed and executed. In general, the tiers in a multi-tier application include the following: Presentation tier: Provides basic user interface and application access services Application processing tier: Possesses the core business or application logic Data access tier: Provides the mechanism used to access and process data Data tier: Holds and manages data that is at rest This division allows each component/tier to be separately developed, tested, executed and reused.
Multitiered Application, N-Tier Application
- Mobile OS Wars: Samsung Introduces Tizen
- An Introduction to Application Software
- Insider Threat Awareness: Avoiding Internal Security Breaches
- 3 Amazing Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Action
- Will Computers Be Able to Imitate the Human Brain?
- What is Data-Centric AI and Why Do We Need It?