Techopedia Explains Multi-Tier ApplicationA multi-tier application is used to divide an enterprise application into two or more components that may be separately developed and executed. In general, the tiers in a multi-tier application include the following: Presentation tier: Provides basic user interface and application access services Application processing tier: Possesses the core business or application logic Data access tier: Provides the mechanism used to access and process data Data tier: Holds and manages data that is at rest This division allows each component/tier to be separately developed, tested, executed and reused.
Multitiered Application, N-Tier Application
- Mobile OS Wars: Samsung Introduces Tizen
- An Introduction to Application Software
- The Transaction Processing System in 2022: A Blockchain World
- 10 Ways to Prepare Your Business IT For a Natural Disaster
- Cybersecurity Dashboards: 3 Advancements Driving Progress
- 5 Economic Benefits of Cloud Computing