Techopedia Explains UnsubscribeThe assessment of unsubscribe methods is part of a comprehensive review of a business or project. Unsubscribe methods that are too complicated can leave businesses open to perceptions of forced service or communications. A well-designed unsubscribe method can leave potential customers and respondents feeling much better about their interactions with a business online or through digital technology.
One issue related to an unsubscribe method is the original opt-out method. This is often present when companies actually collect the data for email or service marketing, often in the form of a check box. One common question about a company’s opt-out is whether the form or other interaction contains a check box that a user must actively check to receive future communications, or whether the check box comes pre-checked, and will send out email marketing or other direct communications to a user as a default setting. Again, pre-checked boxes and other similar defaults can leave users with the feeling that they have been tricked into receiving email marketing or other communications.
- 3 Amazing Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Action
- Will Computers Be Able to Imitate the Human Brain?
- What is Data-Centric AI and Why Do We Need It?
- How to Protect Critical Infrastructure From Cyber Attack
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attacks Explained: Are You at Risk?
- 7 Steps to Developing a Hardware Refresh Strategy