Techopedia Explains Web Tone
The use of the term Web tone also has implications for the future of telecom technologies. It is often used under the presumption that future telephony and Internet services will continue to merge, actually making tomorrow’s Web tone more similar to a dial tone. A prime example is Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), where telephone service traditionally associated with fiber optic lines is delivered through an Internet connection.
Web tone also may be used to talk about the capability of a certain Web connection, in terms of qualifying issues of access, whether for IP addresses, wireless network hardware or other aspects of Web access.
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company