User Life Cycle Management
Definition - What does User Life Cycle Management mean?
User Lifecycle Management (ULM) refers to a strategic solution implementation which facilitates enterprise administration of one user, one identity, and one infrastructure.
Most corporations or organizations are assigned with a standard set of technology and business data management specifications and regulations. Thus, they are aiming to employ a technique for ULM.
A successful technique must include two key factors:
Development of a standard infrastructure through which the various elements of the ULM solution can be presented, centrally configured, administered, and reported.
Replacement of various online identities with a single, safeguarded, authentic, and effectively managed credential for every user.
Techopedia explains User Life Cycle Management
- Directory Services: They are considered as a software application, or a group of applications that store and organize information about the users and network shares of a computer network. Directory services let network administrators handle users’ accessibility to the shares. Furthermore, directory services serve like an abstraction layer among shared resources and users.
- Operating System (OS)/Application Standardization: It is defined as a standard enterprise OS incorporated into a single image, which can be implemented to spanning multiple hardware profiles of all PCs. It is supported by a set of selected group policies and software installations. After the installation, the packaged applications as well as the OS are secured with "self-healing" technology natively incorporated if instantly modified, overwritten, or damaged.
- Security: This is defined as a precise range of integrated technology and processes that are centrally integrated and administered to protect and improve end-user devices.
- Asset Management: It is considered as a business discipline to manage the life cycle of assets. This is to accomplish a preferred service level while alleviating risk. Asset management features management, customer, engineering, financial, as well as other business processes. Real asset management is a business discipline empowered by people, data, process, and technology.
- Audit and Compliance: It is considered as an extensive, organized, documented evaluation which is built to find and resolve financial and operational violations for individuals and companies. It includes a compliance review in addition to routine reporting needs and schedules to correct troublesome areas identified during the audit.
- Boosts user productivity and functional efficiency while minimizing help desk workload and expenditures.
- Eradicates security threats triggered from active accounts that do not have any valid owner.
- Enhances overall security posture with a steady auditable method to manage identity-related routines together with a platform to help maintain compliance to regulations
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: