Techopedia Explains Long IntegerLike a standard type integer, long integers are represented as a set of binary digits. Long integers can be unsigned (representation of non-negative integers) or signed (representation of negative integers). Most programming language have defined the minimum and maximum value of the integers that can be represented by long integers.
The size of long integers in different programming languages is as followers:
- ANSI C: Minimum 4 bytes
- C++: Minimum 4 bytes
- Visual Basic: Minimum 8 bytes
- SQL Server: Minimum 8 bytes
- C#: Minimum 8 bytes
- VB.Net: Minimum 8 bytes
- Java: Minimum 8 bytes
- Pascal: Minimum 8 bytes
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company
- Will Bitcoin Survive? 5 Factors From Each Side of the Debate
- 12 Top Women in Tech Right Now