What does Electronic Business XML (ebXML) mean?
Electronic business XML (ebXML) is a technical framework enabling extensible markup language (XML) to be utilized for consistent enterprise data exchange. Data may be of any size and within any geographical location conducting business electronically. EbXML represents a collaborative effort of two organizations:
- The United Nations Center for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT)
- The Organization for the Advancement of Structures Information Standards (OASIS)
Enterprises conduct standard business by using ebXML over the Web through exchanging business messages, conducting trade relationships, communicating data in common terms and defining and registering business processes. There are five types of ebXML standards or specifications, as follows:
- Business Process (ebBP) OASIS Standard
- Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement (CPPA) OASIS Standard
- Messaging Services (ebMS) OASIS Standard
- Registry Information Model OASIS Standard
- Registry Services Specification OASIS Standard
- Core Components Technical Specification
This term is also known as electronic business using extensible markup language.