Definition - What does Application Assembler mean?
An application assembler is an individual or organization that assembles Java Archive (JAR) files obtained from the enterprise bean provider for building an application. The Java application assembler has the ability to increase and/or decrease the number of JAR files. The application assembler and the Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) provider may be the same or distinct individuals or organizations.
The application assembler amasses all enterprise bean components into a single unit for deployment. The application assembler may or may not define the enterprise bean’s JAR file security view, which is comprised of a group of security roles. These roles are the methods of semantic permission grouping used to successfully access and use the application.
Techopedia explains Application Assembler
One application assembler responsibility is to provide a security view of the enterprise beans, simplifying the work of the deployer. When an application assembler does not provide the security view, the deployer must understand all user roles before allocating the security view. When an application assembler defines the security roles, the deployer then allocates user groups or user accounts to the security roles defined by the application assembler.
The application assembler is responsible for the following duties:
- Changing the enterprise bean name.
- Modifying environment entry values.
- Defining new values of environment properties.
- Modifying or creating new description elements.
- Creating an EJB link element in the JAR file to link an enterprise bean reference to an enterprise bean.
- Defining security roles using the security-role element, meaning the assembler must use the role-link element to link the bean provider’s declared security role references to the security roles.
- Defining method permissions with the method-permission element.
- Defining transaction attributes.
Top 6 Trends in Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: