J2EE Application Deployer and Administrator
Definition - What does J2EE Application Deployer and Administrator mean?
In the Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) architecture, an application deployer and administrator role is usually managed by a company or individual. General duties include the following:
- J2EE application configuration and deployment
- Administrative tasks associated with the computing and networking infrastructures that are used to run a J2EE application
- Managing the J2EE application run time environment
- Setting security attributes and transaction controls
- Determining how an application should connect to a database
Techopedia explains J2EE Application Deployer and Administrator
When configuring an application, the application deployer and administrator may tackle issues regarding external dependency when determining an application’s security settings and assigning transaction attributes. If an issue of this type arises, the deployer or administrator should follow instructions provided by the application component provider. When an application is installed, the deployer must move the component to the application server, which is also responsible for generating container-specific classes and interfaces.
The following are descriptions of specific application deployer and administrator responsibilities:
- Enterprise archive (EAR) files created in the J2EE architecture’s previous stage are added by the application to the J2EE server.
- J2EE application deployment descriptors must be changed when moved to the operational environment where they will be run. The application deployer configures the application by changing the deployment descriptors.
- The administrator confirms that the EAR file contents have been created and are in accordance with J2EE specifications.
- The EAR files are installed on the J2EE server.
Techopedia Deals: Oracle Database 12c Administration Training Bundle
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: