Web Application Security
Definition - What does Web Application Security mean?
Web application security is the process of securing confidential data stored online from unauthorized access and modification. This is accomplished by enforcing stringent policy measures. Security threats can compromise the data stored by an organization is hackers with malicious intentions try to gain access to sensitive information.
The aim of Web application security is to identify the following:
- Critical assets of the organization
- Genuine users who may access the data
- Level of access provided to each user
- Various vulnerabilities that may exist in the application
- Data criticality and risk analysis on data exposure
- Appropriate remediation measures
Techopedia explains Web Application Security
Web application security aims to address and fulfill the four conditions of security, also referred to as principles of security:
- Confidentiality: States that the sensitive data stored in the Web application should not be exposed under any circumstances.
- Integrity: States that the data contained in the Web application is consistent and is not modified by an unauthorized user.
- Availability: States that the Web application should be accessible to the genuine user within a specified period of time depending on the request.
- Nonrepudiation: States that the genuine user cannot deny modifying the data contained in the Web application and that the Web application can prove its identity to the genuine user.
The process of security analysis runs parallel with Web application development. The group of programmers and developers who are responsible for code development are also responsible for the execution of various strategies, post-risk analysis, mitigation and monitoring.
Why Traditional Database Technology Fails to Scale
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: