Techopedia Explains Event Queue
Events waiting to be processed reside in an event queue. The term message, or messages, is sometimes used interchangeably with the term "event.”
The term is often used synonymously with messaging queue, though the precise definition slightly differs based on the exact context and technologies being used. In all instances, the common theme is that of asynchronous units awaiting processing between two applications.
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company