Definition - What does Network Science mean?
Network science studies the links among diverse fields of sciences such as engineered, information and biological networks.
From a simple peer-to-peer network to large, high-end networks like the World Wide Web, the common purpose of all network structures is to share network resources or information like files, folder, printers, scanners, etc. The core feature of network sciences is to design common principles, algorithms and tools that can govern these network activities.
Techopedia explains Network Science
The services and application of networking science or Internet science are practically unlimited. Network sciences often help to gather, store and analyze large data sets and assist in focusing on the pattern of interactions between multiple study disciplines. This endeavor is further applied to examine the pattern of data sets for more diverse activities like biological experiments, online trading information, telecommunication and surveillance technologies.
Some of the fundamental aspects covered by the study of network sciences include:
- The study of fixed network connectivity structures like empirical studies, mathematical models and computational algorithms.
- The inspection of time-dependent processes such as synchronization, message passing and algorithms over the network.
- The examination of evolving networks such as the World Wide Web and shifts in properties of topology like connectivity, spectrum, percolation, etc.
- The exploration of the applications of complex networks in the physical and engineering sciences and advancements in such fields.
- The investigation of the mathematical models of network behavior to predict performance with network size, complexity and environment.
Malicious Software: Worms, Trojans and Bots, Oh My!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: