Definition - What does Hello World mean?
Hello World is a sample program designed to familiarize users with most programming languages. Beginners are introduced to the basic syntax of a programming language by learning how to print out "Hello World" on the device screen.
Techopedia explains Hello World
When programmers are first introduced to a programming language, they are usually given an initial sample of the language in the form of a very short and simple program. The usual output of this sample program is the character string "Hello World" displayed on the screen. As such, the program itself is also known as Hello World. In some tutorials, the succeeding text will then explain some of the code used for the Hello World program to give the aspiring programmer a foretaste of things to come.
- Programming Language
- First Generation (Programming) Language (1GL)
- Second Generation (Programming) Language (2GL)
- Third Generation (Programming) Language (3GL)
- Fourth Generation (Programming) Language (4GL)
- Fifth Generation (Programming) Language (5GL)
- Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: