Video on Demand (VoD)
Techopedia Explains Video on Demand (VoD)Video on demand allows viewers to request immediate access to video content on their PCs or TVs. VoD provides a wide selection of video programming including sports, entertainment, educational programs and feature films. In general, TV is based on broadcast technology, while VoD is provided as a unicast transmission. VoD is also very commonly used for videoconferencing. Although VoD is very popular, it is not widely used due to the bandwidth limitations of current networks.
Audio and Video On Demand (AVOD)
- I Hear Dead People? Natural Language Tech Makes Past and Present Voices Come Alive
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?