Techopedia Explains Trojan DialerA dialer is a computer program that establishes a connection to the Internet or a computer network through an analog telephone connection or Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) network. A dialer isoften utilized by Internet Service Providers (ISP) to setup Internet connection to its non-broadband subscribers.
Trojan dialers often get installed to a user’s machine without the user’s consent or knowledge. A user usually gets to carelessly download the dialer when visiting hazardous websites such as pornographic, gaming, file sharing, software cracks, and illegal download of music and/or softwares. These hazardous websites often ask the user to install the software to get access to the website.
- How AI Can Help Tackle Climate Change
- MLOps: The Key to Success in Enterprise AI
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends