Techopedia Explains Dual-Ring Topology
Dual-ring topology is made up of two rings connected to a network. Each ring works independently until one is disabled when the network fails. When this takes place, the functioning ring automatically wraps around the disabled ring to ensure data flow.
Ring topology advantages include:
- Speed and reliability
- Uninterrupted long distance communication
- Terminators are not required
Ring topology disadvantages include:
- Network issues from bad ports or malfunctioning Media Access Unit (MAU) cards
- Negative network impact from any added,altered or damaged device
- 3 Amazing Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Action
- Will Computers Be Able to Imitate the Human Brain?
- What is Data-Centric AI and Why Do We Need It?
- How to Protect Critical Infrastructure From Cyber Attack
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attacks Explained: Are You at Risk?
- 7 Steps to Developing a Hardware Refresh Strategy