Techopedia Explains Dual-Ring Topology
Dual-ring topology is made up of two rings connected to a network. Each ring works independently until one is disabled when the network fails. When this takes place, the functioning ring automatically wraps around the disabled ring to ensure data flow.
Ring topology advantages include:
- Speed and reliability
- Uninterrupted long distance communication
- Terminators are not required
Ring topology disadvantages include:
- Network issues from bad ports or malfunctioning Media Access Unit (MAU) cards
- Negative network impact from any added,altered or damaged device
- The Top Ways to Use AI in Education
- QUIZ: How Well Are You Managing the Apps in Your SaaS Environment?
- What Hyperautomation Can Achieve
- Best Artificial Intelligence Learning Resources Online in 2021
- 10 Ways Virtualization Can Improve Security
- How to Maintain HIPPA Compliance on a Budget