Techopedia Explains Dual-Ring Topology
Dual-ring topology is made up of two rings connected to a network. Each ring works independently until one is disabled when the network fails. When this takes place, the functioning ring automatically wraps around the disabled ring to ensure data flow.
Ring topology advantages include:
- Speed and reliability
- Uninterrupted long distance communication
- Terminators are not required
Ring topology disadvantages include:
- Network issues from bad ports or malfunctioning Media Access Unit (MAU) cards
- Negative network impact from any added,altered or damaged device
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company