Definition - What does Jukex mean?
JukeX is a multiuser jukebox application scripted entirely in Java. Jukex is object oriented and includes flexible metadata support for tracks together with full application programming interfaces (APIs) for developing custom client software.
JukeX is generally built on various open-source technologies. For Jukex to function properly, the system should be installed with JDK 1.4 or later, MySQL 3.2, MySQL JDBC drivers, ShoutCast/IceCast server, ShoutCast/IceCast compatible MP3 player, Apache Tomcat Web server version 3.3.x or 4.0.x, Apache Ant Build System, Xerces, Xalan, etc.
Techopedia explains Jukex
JukeX includes numerous features:
- A complete database abstraction
- Full query language - JukeXQL is a query language similar to SQL, which is exclusively built to search tracks within the JukeX system.
- Customizable attribute system. Tracks may include arbitrary values allotted to them as needed by the developers.
- Flexible pipeline-based music preparation. JukeX includes an easily extensible and pluggable pipeline of components, enabling it to play the desired music according to user requirements.
- Round-robin-based user playlist in which all user requests are interleaved to avoid jukebox hogging
- Audio banners. Inspirational music or messages are inserted automatically into a playlist at predefined intervals
- Search-based selection, which randomly play the results based on the selection
- Powerful filters, which filter music that is not required in the jukebox
- Automatic correction of incorrect ID3 tag information
The services within JukeX are deployed on the same or different servers. The music collections are imported into the system before using JukeX through an MP3 importer program, which trawls through the music directory finding new tracks to be added to the database.
Techopedia Deals: Web App Automation Testing with Selenium Bundle
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: