What Does Methods for Testing and Specification (MTS) Mean?
Methods for Testing and Specification is a technical committee in the European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI), a European Standards Organization that creates globally applicable standards for communication technologies. MTS provides rules and guidance on how to develop telecommunications conformance testing specifications for standardization.
Techopedia Explains Methods for Testing and Specification (MTS)
MTS is responsible for the following:
- Identifying and defining advanced specification and testing methods
- Establishing the methodologies that will be used to develop future standards and specifications testing, and for dealing with interoperability issues
- Applying existing international standards to the requirements of ETSI standardization
- Conducting field trials and pilot tests on the application of new methods
Much of the work MTS has done has been related to the development and use of specification languages. These include:
- Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)
- Long Term Evolution (LTE)
- Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunication (DECT)