Service Integration Maturity Model (SIMM)
Definition - What does Service Integration Maturity Model (SIMM) mean?
Service integration maturity model (SIMM) is a model developed by IBM that aims to provide business flexibility through service oriented architecture (SOA) adoption. It mainly focuses on technology maturity and service complexity. SIMM serves as a roadmap for incremental IT transformation to higher levels of service integration maturity.
Techopedia explains Service Integration Maturity Model (SIMM)
SIMM serves as a standardized maturity model for organizations. It provides a framework for determining the scope, focus and incremental steps for SOA transformation and identifying IT process improvements. The main purpose of SIMM is to determine the client’s present state in service integration and flexibility and the state they aspire to attain. Depending on the assessment, SIMM provides the client with an architectural model for SOA adoption.
SIMM evaluates or addresses questions on seven important facets of IT/business capabilities:
1. Business: It evaluates the execution of business processes and determines how well it is understood and how it is going to be designed and implemented.
2. Organization: How effectively is the organization focusing on activities?
3. Methods: What methodologies are employed to create effective solutions?
4. Applications: What are the applications composed?
5. Architecture: What is the architectural approach to support business needs?
6. Infrastructure: How capable is the IT plant?
7. Information: How is it accessed and how is it made accessible in the organization?
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Service-Oriented Architecture Repository (SOA Repository)
- Service-Oriented Architecture Registry (SOA Registry)
- Service-Oriented Architecture Networking (SOA Networking)
- Service Oriented Architecture Governance
- Service-Oriented Analysis and Design (SOAD)
- Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
- IT Capability Maturity Framework (IT-CMF)
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Software
Top 6 Trends in Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: