Cloud Storage API
Techopedia Explains Cloud Storage API
Web applications request services and operations from a remote cloud storage server through an integrated cloud storage API. Typically, these APIs are designed over REST and SOAP architectures that facilitate the retrieval of data stored over distributed database systems, such as cloud and Web storage mechanisms.
For example, the Google Cloud Storage API allows developers to program and manage data through its REST-oriented interface on Google Cloud Storage.
Cloud storage APIs also allow remote data management services, session initiation/termination and other storage management functionality.
- INFOGRAPHIC: Cloud Computing in the Classroom
- Welcome to the Converged Future of Cloud
- Why APIs Have Become a Big Deal
- Top 10 Cloud Computing Myths Busted
- 5 Things To Know About Cloud Pricing
- Cloud vs. Local Backup: Which Do You Need?