Data Integration Service
Definition - What does Data Integration Service mean?
Data integration service is the employment of a group of services that comply with service-oriented architecture. Data integration service can perform in an N -> 0 latency time period. At the same time, it offers a powerful set of transformation processes for meeting an array of business imperatives. The advantages of employing data integration as an enterprise service include reduced time for marketing, a reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO), and a solution to the obsolete and expensive data-integration patterns presently available in corporate businesses.
Techopedia explains Data Integration Service
A data integration product should be platform independent. It should also have the capacity to integrate data regardless of the following:
- Required frequency
- Communication protocol
- Business rules needed for intricate integration patterns
There are primarily three types of products that stem from the data integration space:
- Extract Transformation and Load (ETL): These products are built to move large data volumes while offering the capability to carry out effective transformations. They are often found in a batch process algorithm. This is due to the availability of data volumes and the frequently used transformations like summation, aggregation, sorts and multi-table joins.
- Enterprise Application Integration Products (EAI): These are often known as brokers or messaging software. These are designed in such a way that they move a smaller amount of data with amplified frequency patterns.
- Enterprise Data Replication (EDR): These products present information when data sets are modified or changed. These are delta-processing or change-data capture products. They often work on either a triggering or log-scraping mechanism. Also, they offer a pointer to the last extraction point for tracking the data that has been processed.
- Customer Data Integration (CDI)
- System Integration (SI)
- Data Integration
- Data Integration Architect
- Extract Transform Load (ETL)
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Communication Protocol
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: