Techopedia Explains OpenboxUnlike similar window managers such as Blackbox, an original product on which Openbox is based, Openbox does not rely on proprietary code but is written completely in the C programming language. Like Blackbox, Openbox includes useful hotkey features. A set of dynamic menus called pipe menus also add to the versatility of the Openbox GUI.
Openbox is considered a "lightweight" GUI, and its unique build can make its functionality on operating systems - including Linux - more agile. The speed and design of Openbox allow it to run on older or obsolete equipment with slower processors.
- A Guide to Window Managers and Desktops for Unix and Linux
- The Role of Knowledge Graphs in Artificial Intelligence
- 7 Salesforce Alternatives to Consider in 2021
- 7 Ways Technology Has Changed Television
- Zero Trust Policy: How Software Intelligence Platforms Can Assist
- Doing Digital or Doing Digital Well? Transformation for the Long Game