Techopedia Explains OpenboxUnlike similar window managers such as Blackbox, an original product on which Openbox is based, Openbox does not rely on proprietary code but is written completely in the C programming language. Like Blackbox, Openbox includes useful hotkey features. A set of dynamic menus called pipe menus also add to the versatility of the Openbox GUI.
Openbox is considered a "lightweight" GUI, and its unique build can make its functionality on operating systems - including Linux - more agile. The speed and design of Openbox allow it to run on older or obsolete equipment with slower processors.
- A Guide to Window Managers and Desktops for Unix and Linux
- 10 Ways Virtualization Can Improve Security
- How to Maintain HIPPA Compliance on a Budget
- 5 Tips for Secure and Efficient Employee Offboarding
- Top Reasons to Use Predictive AI for Enhanced Cybersecurity in 2021
- Benefits of Performing a Vulnerability Assessment