Techopedia Explains OpenboxUnlike similar window managers such as Blackbox, an original product on which Openbox is based, Openbox does not rely on proprietary code but is written completely in the C programming language. Like Blackbox, Openbox includes useful hotkey features. A set of dynamic menus called pipe menus also add to the versatility of the Openbox GUI.
Openbox is considered a "lightweight" GUI, and its unique build can make its functionality on operating systems - including Linux - more agile. The speed and design of Openbox allow it to run on older or obsolete equipment with slower processors.
- A Guide to Window Managers and Desktops for Unix and Linux
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?