Techopedia Explains IceWMIceWM is compatible with GNOME and other elements of Linux. Users have taken advantage of IceWM for a lighter Ubuntu build, or in other situations where the simplicity of the GUI helps to accomplish a specific design goal. IceWM can also run on much older machines than some other types of interfaces; users have even reported that it can run successfully on an obsolete 386 computer.
Another feature of IceWM is the ability to manage commands using the keyboard. The program generally relies on a command line structure, whereas some other GUI options rely on a more visual interface.
- What Hyperautomation Can Achieve
- The Pros and Cons of Intranets
- Coding: The Key to Getting More Women into Tech
- 5 Defining Qualities of Robots
- How Should Businesses Respond to a Ransomware Attack?
- Why Not Ternary Computers?